Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Money Saving Tip

My last few posts have been recipes, so I thought I'd share something about life today.  As you can see, the title for this post is "Money Saving Tip" buy this is actually a money earning tip!  Even better, right?  Does anyone else ever watch Extreme Couponing?  I'v seen it a few times, and sometimes I wish I had the determination to find all those coupons and spend $35 a month on groceries!  Well, this tip actually doesn't have anything to do with coupons.  BUT it does help you save and earn money.  It's called Mr. Rebates!  A friend from work kept telling me about it - how you sign up, and buy things, then they send you checks.  I'll be honest, once I hear I have to sign up, I usually say no.  I don't like getting a bunch of emails with "discounts" and "coupons" where there's always fine print.  I finally gave in, and my friend showed me what it's all about.  You do have to sign up, but it's quick and painless.  Then whenever you do shopping online, like Amazon, Target, Walmart, Shutterfly (and SO MANY more) you sign in to Mr. Rebates first.  Then find your store, go through to the link, and order away.  For every purchase you make you get a rebate.  For example, I make 5% back on what I order from Shutterfly.  If you order anything online, it's worth it!  My friend orders everything online, so she makes a good deal of money back.  I only order online if I can't get what I want in a store or if it's free shipping.  Check it out just to see what it's all about.  Look at the pictures below to give you an idea!

Mr. Rebates Home page

How to join

Search for a store and it shows you all the discounts

You can see that I've made $30.81 so far, and that's just for ordering things online

It's not for everyone, but I thought I'd share in case it's your kind of thing!  Also, if you do sign up, you can put my email (cyndiliskey@yahoo.com) as your "referral email" and I can get a little treat.  The same works for people you refer!  Go on, go to Mr. Rebates to check it out!


1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that, and I love to coupon and rebate! I do ebates and mypoints, where I have gotten a great deal of money back on stuff I purchase online. I will definitely look into this! Thanks for sharing!
    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete