Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Three Cheese Pasta Bake

I guess I'm all about recipes lately!  I've been working on some back to school stuff, but it's not ready to share just yet.  So, instead I'll share a pasta recipe.  I love me some pasta!  I could probably eat pasta every night of the week if my husband would let me.  I found this Three Cheese Pasta when looking for recipes online.  It seemed that the more I looked, the more differentiations of this recipe I found.  So with just a substitute ingredient here, or an addition there, it could change the recipe to just what you are looking for.  I would say this recipe is a mix between mac and cheese and pasta alfredo.

Once again, I've halved this recipe since I'm only feeding two, but you could easily double it for a family or group of people.  I've included a lot of pictures because when I'm following a recipe, I like to look at the pictures to make sure mine's looking about the same!


Ingredients:
(Makes about 4 servings)

1 (16 ounce) package pasta
       I only use 2/3 of the package; I used Mostaccioli

I jar alfredo sauce

4 ounces sour cream

8 ounces ricotta cheese

1 large egg

3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup parmesan cheese


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.

Ingredients (minus the large egg)
Cooking the pasta
2. While the pasta is cooking, I start with the other ingredients.  Mix the alfredo sauce and sour cream in a medium-large bowl.  Then mix the ricotta cheese, large egg, 1/4 parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese in a small ball.

Alfredo sauce and sour cream
Ricotta cheese, egg, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese

3. Drain the pasta.  Then mix it with the alfredo sauce/sour cream mixture.  I also add some parsley.


 


4. Spoon half of the pasta and alfredo mixture into your coated pan.  Then spoon half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the pasta.  Pour the rest of the pasta alfredo over the ricotta cheese mixture.  Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese (1/2 cup) over the top.

Pasta alfredo layer with ricotta cheese
All three layers, sprinkled with mozz cheese

5. Place your dish in the oven.  Cook on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
Next time I'm going to add chicken! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment