Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Garlic Parmesan Chicken

Mmmm!  This is my husband's favorite meal now.  I'm actually a pretty picky eater.  I like a lot of things plain.  I don't like a lot spices, herbs or condiments.  Give me a burger with just bacon and cheese and I'm good!  Well since it's just my husband and I, we struggle with coming up with dinner meals, especially ones that we both like.  I can make a yummy lasagna but then we would be eating it for a week!  I am attempting to try some new recipes and cut down on the eating out.  There's this little place online that allows people to share great ideas and even recipes, you may have heard of it - Pinterest!  I found Pinterest a little later than others but I am now obsessed, just like everyone else that may or may not admit it.  Aynyway, that's where I have been finding new recipes to try.  I found the picture for this Garlic Parmesan Chicken on Pinterest and followed it here to the original post.  Let's keep in mind, I am no Betty Crocker, so my chicken did not come out as presentable as did that woman's, but it tasted great!

Here are the original ingredients:

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese*

1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder*

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves*

*I have adapted this recipe just a bit to fit our needs.  I usually buy a package of chicken that has 4-5 pieces in it.  I don't measure the Parmesan cheese, because I find that I need more than 1/2 cup.  And as I stated before, I'm pretty plain, so the 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder was too much for me.  I usually just sprinkle a little from the bottle.  My husband would probably request more garlic powder, but since he's not cookin' he can't complain!

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Mix cheese, garlic powder and dressing mix.

3. Moisten chicken breasts with water; coat them with cheese mixture; place in a shallow baking dish.

4. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.

Super easy ingredients!

Chicken all prepared! Ready for the oven!

Right out of the oven!  Ready to put with a side,  then eat!

Another picture of the chicken ready to eat, excuse my bad photography skills!


Really easy!  And it tastes great!  I usually make a package of Knorr's Pasta Sides with it, because we love our pasta!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment