Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chili for two please!

Chili may not seem too enticing with all the hot summer weather, but as I said in my last post I'm trying to branch out and try new recipes this summer.  My husband likes chili and believe it or not, I've never made chili!  I've eaten it, just never made it.  So I looked up some super easy chili recipes to get me started.  I found one at Welcome to Heardmont, and just changed it a bit for my taste.  I also didn't want to eat chili for two weeks, so I halved some of the ingredients.  Now, it feeds both my husband and I and gives us enough left overs for another lunch or dinner.  Here's how I made it!

Ingredients:
(Makes 4 servings)

1 lb lean ground beef
1/4 white onion diced
1 can chili beans
1 can Rotel
1 can diced tomatoes (I used half a can)
1 can tomato sauce (I used half a can)
Package chili powder
Salt

Directions:

1.  Cook the ground beef until it's no longer pink.  Add a dash of salt and chili powder to the meat.


2. Place the diced white onion in your pot of choice.  Cook on med-high for just a minute to brown the edges.


3. Add the meat to your pot and mix with the onions.


4. Add the chili beans, Rotel, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chili powder to the pot.  As I said above, I used only half a can of diced tomatoes and half a can of tomato sauce.  I used about 3/4 of the chili powder mix.  Mix everything together.  Let it simmer on medium for about ten minutes.


5.  Let it cool for a minute then serve with your favorite chips, crackers, or bread!  We sprinkled ours with shredded cheese and ate it with our favorite Hawaiian bread.  Enjoy!


It came out really well and it was a lot easier than I thought!  I don't know why I never attempted chili until now!  At least now I know we have a great easy recipe for the next Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment