Saturday, July 14, 2012

Birthday Bags

So... I was going to post about this yesterday but then Mr. B decided to have a cool linky party that I just had to be a part of, so I'm posting about Birthdays today!

Since I have always taught first grade, I know it's important to make somewhat of a big deal about student birthdays.  But I also don't want it to become a huge ordeal and distraction!  I just know that when you're six and seven, birthdays are a pretty big deal!

I've always made birthday bags for student birthdays, but this year, I'm making them a little differently.  Here's what they look like so far:




items inside

The bag includes:

1. "It's my birthday!" sticker to wear for the day
2. Eraser
3. Bouncy ball
4. "Happy Birthday" pencil
5. Birthday stickers
6. Three small suckers
7. A spinning top

The white bags were donated by a parent last year and I purchased most of the goodies inside at the dollar store.  I got the green ribbon from Michaels.  My frugal self cut the ribbon down the middle to make it thinner and save on ribbon.

I will also be attaching the Happy Birthday label below, but I'm waiting to get my students' names in August so I can personalize them!


I have birthday crowns that I give to the birthday student.  They're from Carson-Dellosa and they look like this:



I eat lunch with each student and a friend of their choice on their birthday.


I also want to do something new this year and put something special on their seats the day of their birthday.  This is my inspiration from Mrs. Bond's Fantastic First Grade:

Source

I'm still working on the chair cover, we'll see how it turns out!

Well, now that I wrote out everything I do for student birthdays, it does seem like a lot!  Oh well!  I know there are a lot of great student birthday ideas out there, I've seen a lot on Pinterest!

If you want the Happy Birthday labels I'll be attaching to the birthday bags, I can send them to you... BUT you have to do me a favor!  Follow my blog, then write a comment below and be sure to include your email address.  I'm email them right to you!  Simple enough, right?



1 comment:

  1. I love Mrs. Bond's site. It's fabulous!

    Erica
    Sprinkles to Kindergarten
    erica_crowder0612@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete