Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Animal Life Cycles

Over the last few weeks, we have been working on animal life cycles.  We learned about a butterfly's and frog's life cycle.  And we are now learning about a chicken's life cycle by hatching chicks!  I'm not really a pet person, nor do I like the thought of dealing with these little furry creatures breaking out from shells and having to take care of them.  BUT I know that it will be a great learning experience for my little second graders.

Here are some of the activities we did in our class for a frog's life cycle!




Sorry for the picture quality... I've been using my phone a lot.


Here's an activity I found on Pinterest for the butterfly's life cycle.

Finished product
Materials needed
I put the food on a plate on each student table for them to choose from when completing the activity
Brainpop Jr. also has some great quick videos on life cycles.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment