Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reading Anchor Charts

Last week, I posted an update on how I begin Reader's Workshop in my classroom.  I said I was going to post some anchor charts that I make as I teach Reader's Workshop to my kiddos.  So here we go!  And no, I am not one of those awesome teachers who make the fancy anchor charts, I just don't have the skills!

What Do Readers Read

Easy, Just Right, Challenging Books

How to Gather on the Rug

The kids are really the ones that tell me what to put on our chart, I just try to guide their thinking.  I think it's important for them to see that their thinking is important by recording it and hanging it up in our room.

I might be breaking some kind of fire code by hanging up the charts on my window blinds, but it's the perfect space!



And I have to share a little bit about my weekend........




We celebrated our one year anniversary in downtown St. Louis this weekend.  We went to the St. Louis Arch... it was my first time and my husband's first since he was a kid.  So incredible!  The top tier of our wedding is defrosting in the fridge... we'll be trying it out tomorrow!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment