Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

November Monday Made It... Finally

I am linking up with Tara's Monthly Monday Made It for November.  Finally.


Project #1 Mantle Decor




I of course got inspiration for this on Pinterest.  I bought the glasses and candles at the dollar store, popcorn kernels at the grocery store, and the leaves at a local craft store.  I already had the twine.

It was super easy to make.  I put some popcorn kernels in the glasses, then placed a candle in each one. Then I filled the glasses with more popcorn kernels to cover the sides of the candles.  I used the twine to tie each the letters around the glasses.  I figure I can use the glasses for pretty much any holiday!

Project #2 Thanksgiving Wreath



Once again I got inspiration from Pinterest for this wreath.  It came out OK, but I want to make a better one next year.  I wanted it to be bigger, it looks a little small... but oh well.  I used foam board, leaves, a wooden letter, paint, and my hot glue gun.

Project 3# Broccoli Cheddar Soup


Mmmm.  I've made this before, but want to share to the recipe with you all.
I found the original recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
1 small onion (although I've made it without)
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (also made without)
3 cups chopped, lightly steamed broccoli

Directions:
Simmer chicken broth and diced onion for 15 min in a small covered saucepan.  During this time, heat milk in the microwave for 2 minutes.  Heat the butter in a separate saucepan.  Add the flour, salt, and pepper.  Cook together for 2 minutes while stirring.  Add warmed milk and continue to stir on medium heat for 8 minutes or until soup starts to thicken.  Add warmed chicken broth, continue to stir.  Add cheese and stir until well blended.  Add chopped steamed broccoli.  Viola!  You can eat immediately or let it thicken up.  Yum!

Be sure to link up with 4th Grade Frolics or at least go check out November's projects!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. That soup looks awesome! I'm in bed with a death virus and that actually looks appetizing. ; )

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects turned out great and that soup looks so yummy! Thank you for sharing:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the decor and the soup looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your candles and wreath and that soup looks super awesome, especially because I am home sick with bronchitis:( Thanks for linking up:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyndi-
    I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! I have enjoyed checking out your blog. Here is the link:
    http://curiousfirsties.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog.html

    Em

    ReplyDelete